This Product Is a 1-hour, 51-Minute mp3 Audio Seminar,
which you can download immediately upon purchasing.
You've heard people extol the virtues of using stories in advertising.
But telling a copywriter, "Tell a story" is like advising a would-be comedy writer, "Write a funny script."
The most important aspect of any form of writing is understanding its structure.
In radio commercials, that means much more than just "conflict and resolution.")
- Why "storytelling" alone isn't enough
- How effective yet inappropriate storytelling can hurt your spot's effectiveness
- Why most storytelling commercials fail (and how to make sure yours succeed)
- The key elements of storytelling
- One sure way to instantly identify a storytelling commercial that will fail. (You'll immediately want to pull a number of your own spots off the air.)
- The relationship between your characters and your listeners
- Exactly what role the advertiser should play in the story. (Learn this, and your professional life becomes much easier and much richer.)
- How to craft your characters
- How to know which character should carry the sales message
- The power of Anticipatory Surprise
- How and why most comedy story commercials fail
- Why good comedy spots succeed. (Hint: It's not because comedy "cuts through the clutter."
Dan O'Day is radio’s commercial copywriting guru. He has taught radio stations, ad agencies and business owners in 37 countries how to create radio advertising that works — that is a profit, not an expense, for the advertiser.
Immediate delivery! When you submit your order, you’ll be able to download this valuable audio seminar immediately.